Up to £52,000 subject to experience
Recruit12 is currently offering the opportunity for a Project Engineer to join a well-respected organization to help manage the engineering aspect of projects, in accordance with company procedures and best practice guidance, to underpin the successful development, design, and implementation of projects to the agreed targets and clients’ satisfaction.
Our client is a consultancy-based firm, specializing in the development and delivery of multi-million-pound rail schemes; spanning from the railway through to the stations.
As a Project Engineer, your main responsibilities will include:
- Work in accordance with the Engineering Assurance Process (once in place) and assist in its production for management of the design elements of projects during the development and implementation phases, and ensure that process accord with best practice, Standards and any applicable regulations.
- Act as Delegated Engineer when necessary to support the development of other more junior engineers.
- Help identify key elements of the training programme for all engineering staff to help ensure that the engineering team have the expertise required to deliver the support to projects.
- Provide in terms of engineering support and design management in the development and delivery of a programme of projects to agreed scope, time, cost and quality requirements, working with Project Manager’s, Directors, Executive Sponsors and their representatives. This support may include undertaking the role of Designated Project Engineer or Project Engineer on specific projects.
- Work in accordance with the Engineering Assurance Process Quality Management System to ensure that the best possible services are provided to customers; and that customer feedback informs the ongoing development of the business.
- Report to the Engineering Director or Senior Engineers as appropriate on the progress of the engineering / technical elements of projects, make recommendations and propose decisions where required on any aspect of project delivery.
- Manage some staff, sub-consultants and suppliers to meet all company standards.
- Work with the Project Managers to establish an effective relationship, supporting effective delivery, performance measurement and management of change.
- Act upon and discharge of all Construction Design Management (CDM) obligations for projects as required.
- Work to ensure emerging legislation and ongoing best practice is properly accounted for in documentation, contracts and specifications.
- Apply change, risk and resource management including early warning to line management
- Manage personal resources and own professional development and to work in a manner that promotes equality and values diversity.
To be successful as a Project Engineer, you must have:
- Able to carry out duties of the post using any appropriate aids or adaptations.
- Educated to an appropriate level of Chartered Engineer.
- Must have sufficient experience in rail engineering multidisciplinary projects from any sort of background.
- A working knowledge of the railway environment and engineering practices within that environment.
- Be accustomed to working on sites, managing their own time and priorities, and developing solid engineering opinions.
- Driving licence, CSCS card and PTS. (Desirable)
- Enjoy working in a team for the benefit of the team. Able to express an opinion but also flexible on the approach to how solutions can be developed.
If you are excited by the prospect of this role as a Project Engineer, then please apply immediately.