£20,000 - £24,000
Recruit12 have an excellent opportunity for a Project Engineer, where you will be expected to support the client in the successful introduction of multiple customer projects from nomination through to production. Supporting the existing team during the quotation stages to develop new business. Good communication skills are essential, the ability to plan tasks and manage timelines to ensure targets are achieved. Supporting the existing Engineering Project Manager with the delivery of new projects from, nomination to production.
As a Project Engineer your responsibilities will include the following:
- Generation and management of timing plans to support NPI customers build phases.
- Understanding technical requirements, delivery milestones and manufacturing requirements.
- Technical review of programme objectives, tooling, and assembly processes.
- Leading meetings with customers and managing resources internally to deliver key project milestones.
- Control of NPI gateways and control of document issues / CAD levels and modifications.
- Budget control and approval process.
- Daily liaison with subcontract partners and regular updates internally to the Management Team.
- Manage subcontract suppliers such as toolmakers to ensure the project is on time and meets our engineering requirements.
- Control and plan sampling process, measurement activity, team review activity and associated corrections.
- Support the APQP process and associated elements with support from the Quality department.
- Visit customers regularly to maintain the momentum of new projects and after approval and sign off to resolve any issues that may arise.
To be successful as a Project Engineer, you must have:
- Successful introduction of new projects into the business meeting budgets and timing milestones.
- Control of gateways associated with NPI process.
- RFT sign off processes, first time correct tool delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Assisting the BDM in securing additional business through positive delivery of projects.
- Experience managing timing plans for delivery of injection mould tooling and assembly equipment, generating timing plans and managing gateways, supporting sampling loops, budget control and of course you need to be a great communicator to ensure the customers and suppliers are always in the loop.
This position is based in Stirchley and is easily accessible from Birmingham, Redditch, Solihull, Bromsgrove, Halesowen, and Harborne
If you are excited by the prospect of joining an international organisation as a Project Engineer, please apply immediately