A fantastic new opportunity has arisen within a globally recognised automotive manufacturer of injection moulded plastics for a Project Engineer.
Reporting to the Head of Projects, as a Project Engineer, you will become responsible and accountable for managing & coordinating cross functional projects, ensuring that deliverables, objectives and KPI’s are achieved at the project level and that the agreed customer requirements are met.
Role and Responsibilities:
The role of Project Engineer will involve the following:
- Responsibility for all Project Engineering aspects relating to the successful delivery of projects that have been assigned to.
- Working with and support Project Managers and teams and demonstrate full accountability for On time delivery with the agreed scope and adherence to the company’s Project Lifecycle Phase Exit Process, by the use of best practice project management techniques. This may include individually managing small scale projects as the Project Engineer.
- Achieving and reporting on agreed KPI’s using the Project Dashboard
- Supporting customer meetings and visits when required.
- Ensuring that all Projects are managed in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures
- Having the ability to identify, report and escalate project risks in line with approved business processes.
- Effective project scope and change management in line with approved business processes.
- Having the ability to ensure that Project and Series Engineering Changes are managed in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures
- Supporting the Project Manager in budget management including regular cost to go and financial forecast planning.
- Supporting pre-production build phases & process equipment development in line with project requirements.
- Maintaining an overview of project timing, liaising with suppliers and internal resources to ensure good visibility of project status.
- Attending regular project meetings with the project team as appropriate.
To be successful in the Project Engineer role, you will have the following:
- Be educated to degree or equivalent level in technically based subject
- An interest in Project management with some relevant experience.
- Be computer literate in Microsoft office programmes including Project.
- Be a clear and confident communicator.
Quality Adhere to project procedures and document requirements.
Cost Manage and track cost against and within project budgets.
Delivery To deliver to project timings, budgets and cost as agreed with the Customer.
People Personal development and training against appraisal matrix.
Health & safety Adhere to company procedures & audit requirements.
Housekeeping Meet requirements of 5S audits.
This is a permanent, full time position and in return you will receive a competitive salary and generous benefits.
This position is based in Buckinghamshire, and is easily accessible from Oxford, Banbury, Luton, Milton Keynes, Bletchley etc.
If you are seeking a new career move and believe you meet the specified requirements to be a successful Project Engineer please apply immediately.