A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Mandarin Speaking Project Buyer to join a world class design & manufacturing company within the automotive industry.
This role will ensure the effective procurement of materials, components and services, working with relevant internal stakeholders and suppliers to drive procurement operational excellence. As a Project Buyer you will produce materials using an MRP tool and understand what parts need to be purchased to support production, work to receive parts on time, at the most competitive cost possible, and meeting all specifications. You will also expedite parts within a very tight timeline, working with quality, engineering, design and logistics personnel to replace defective parts and re-source as needed.
- Process and issue purchase orders and make necessary changes including obtaining quotes, negotiating costs, payment terms and all other related issues
- Procure a variety of goods and services in accordance with company policies in an MRP/ERP environment
- Expedite and track required parts or processes to support production schedules
- Negotiate long-term contracts, ensuring continuity of supply and that budget targets are maintained
- Analyse and process supplier notifications
- Identify new suppliers, develop new and alternative sources of supply and carry out transfer of work as per the defined process
- Continually monitor, evaluate and report on the performance of suppliers
- Serve as a liaison between internal customers and suppliers
To be successful in the role of Project Buyer you should have the following experience:
- Ability to manage, report and demonstrate cost savings is essential
- Mandarin language skills
- Strong negotiator
- Computer literate in MS Office including Excel (Vlookup, pivot tables etc) and MS Project
- Must possess excellent attention to detail
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa