Programme Manager who is highly proficient within managing multiple projects and the various steps within the development lifecycle, is required for an industry leading organisation who are at the forefront of cutting-edge initiatives.
To be successful in this position you must have a strong link with the Engineering team and have demonstrated the experience in taking a project from development to market
Your responsibilities will include:
- To build manage and motivate the project teams for a market or business area of the company
- Plan the programme and monitoring its overall progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate
- To ensure that all projects are dealt with methodically and meticulously.
- To ensure that all projects are completed on time, within budget, to the agreed scope and that they meet customers’ agreed specification and quality expectations
- Issue weekly and monthly reports to inform the Company of progress against budget and programme, listing any cost variations, identifying significant problem areas and with updated payment schedule.
- Manage all stakeholders and ensure that the Programme Board is kept fully aware of all key risks and finance metrics
- To be familiar and competent in claims and reclaims.
- Maintain and implement an up to date programme schedule; this has to indicate clearly the critical path of activities and any deviations from plan including where project conflict in terms of key resources
- Ensure all project documentation both internal and external is issued on time and to a high quality
- Ensure the overall management of all personnel on site including sub-contractors
To be successful in applying for this position each candidate will require the following skills and experience:
- HNC/HND or degree in an engineering, scientific or business discipline. Apprenticeship in engineering or business administration or programme management.
- Experienced 2 + years’ experience in programme or management of multiple projects
- Membership of the APM desirable and a willingness to gain a professional qualification
- Good experience of man management skills and effective communication. Ability to resource plan and manage conflicts.
- A high level of resilience and competency in dealing with multiple projects simultaneously.
- A good understanding with regards to the security of all documentation and computing in general, access to systems, security within the office and personal security
- To have a good commercial awareness related to projects and suppliers, the importance of managing multiple projects scope and budget and delivering to time.
- good awareness of the principles of a quality management system as it is applied to an engineering project, working knowledge of quality inspections and test and commissioning plans and the quality requirements related to design and projects.
This is a permanent, full time position and in return you will receive a competitive salary and generous benefits.
This position is based in Oxfordshire, and is easily accessible from Oxford, Newbury, Didcot, Harwell etc.
If you are seeking a new career move and believe you meet the specified requirements to be a successful Programme Manager please apply immediately.