Excellent salary plus benefits
Recruit 12 has an exciting opportunity for a Production Supervisor to supervise all metal forming areas (Cold Forming, Secondary Operations, CNC) within the Worcester facility. As metal forming supervisor, the incumbent is responsible for all performance aspects of production areas including but not limited to; management of direct reports, quality performance, delivery performance and capacity. Working closely with the Opex team the incumbent will promote continuous improvement to work towards our future state. This position will require a hands-on approach to CI/Kaizen/JDI events to lead by example within the team.
Your responsibilities as a Production Supervisor will include:
- Develops, plans and organizes the primary/secondary resources to achieve the required production performance (on time production/minimising scrap/driving ownership of quality/high quality levels. Uses the daily and weekly metrics as the short term driver of change towards scorecard improvements and has a vision for new technology as the long term driver of change.
- Analyses capacity within the metal forming production area and implements actions to maximize productive capacity and remove bottlenecks. Drives the application of set-up reduction techniques and embraces and drives a 5S culture. Measures include OEE, PPM, first pass yield, average change-over time (from last good piece to next good piece)
- Creates a culture of continuous improvement within production. Coordinates all continuous improvement activities and employee development/training with production. Cross trains employees for maximum flexibility and identfies and develps future leaders of the production area. Monitors performance with visual management systems to ensure compliance and to identify opportunities for improvement.#
- Develops a culture where standard work and the concession process is embraced and adhered to rigorously and reacts accordingly to audit results.
- Takes responsibility for communication of updates about production performance to the team as required e.g. EQDCs, facility update meetings, productivity reviews.
To be a successful candidate as a Production Supervisor you will need:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in production environment (prefer manufacturing or facility administration)
- A clear and practical understanding of breakthrough manufacturing methodology such as lean ,Kaizen, SMED, 5S, TPM etc.
- Excellent communication skills with evidence of successful selling of change
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to look ahead to demands in the factory
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.