Production Supervisor- Nights
£30,000k-£32,000k plus excellent benefits
Shift- Monday- Thursday 40 hours per week over 4 nights 7pm to 6am with 1-hour unpaid breaks. Overtime also available
Recruit 12 has an excellent opportunity for a Night Shift Production Supervisor to play a fundamental role on the night shift taking responsibility for overseeing the production team ensuring work is being carried out safely and efficiently and that the production plan is executed on time. This will at times be a hands-on role where you will not only supervise the team but contribute to output by becoming competent in all operations allowing you to advise, train, and cover where necessary.
You will be joining an organisation that is recognised globally for its unique and highly innovative components. They are specialists within the electrification and automotive sector; this is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to utilise their skills and experience and put them into practice for a highly established multinational company.
As a Production Supervisor your responsibilities will include the following:
- Overseeing the production team and ensuring work is carried out safely and effectively.
- Site responsibility for shift overseeing support functions as well as Production team, e.g., Warehouse, Technicians, Quality.
- Reporting to the Production Manager.
- Monitoring KPI’s and ensuring targets are met.
- Ensuring the required HR and Training objectives are met including disciplinary and appraisals.
- Present shift start-up meetings motivating team for the shift.
- Planning & delegating roles to achieve daily targets.
- Ensure staffing levels are always adequate.
- Ensure the Production area and workstations are kept in an exceptional state -safe, clean, and tidy.
- Report on Quality, Output, and Constraints
- Resolving daily issues, escalating where necessary
- Liaising with other departments if required to achieve output
- Learn processes to enable thorough understanding and ability to contribute to output.
To be successful as a Production Supervisor, you must have:
- Previous experience working as a shift supervisor or similar role.
- Experience of a mid/high volume manufacturing environment, ideally in the automotive sector
- Full understanding of Health & Safety in the workplace
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Ability to mentor and instruct to develop the team and allow individuals to reach maximum potential.
- Experienced working within a Lean Manufacturing environment and practicing continuous improvement.
- The ability to work autonomously and with minimal support/supervision.
What you will receive as a Production Supervisor:
Salary- £30,000- £33,000 & benefits: 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays, Staff social events, and Free tea and coffee! You will join a highly skilled team of a prestigious brand, taking real ownership of what you do demonstrating your passion for engineering.
This position is based in Exeter and is easily commutable from Devon, Newton Abbott, Taunton, Exmouth, Torquay
If you are excited by the prospect of joining an international organisation as a Production Supervisor, please apply immediately.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World-Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.