We are seeking a Production Shift Manager who specifically has prior experience in production supervision at same or lower level but with a demonstrable aptitude to manage multiple production teams to join one of Europe's most established Automotive organisations. This a reputable position and will require the successful applicant to be responsible for the day to day leadership and management of a number of manufacturing teams. Primarily the role ensures the safety of the teams and thereafter, their development to enable them to run effectively and autonomously.
Your general key responsibilities of the Production Shift Manager will include:
- Ensuring the safety of the production teams at all times through training, monitoring and resolution of follow-up actions.
- Ensuring production targets are in line with planning and customer requirements.
- Intervene to enable removal of roadblocks to production teams to ensure target adherence. Participate in the layered audit process to identify gaps to standard and manage resolution of issues.
- Ensuring completion of Level 1 & 2 TPM checks by production teams.
- Ensuring 5S system for production areas is defined and maintained.
To be successful in the role of Production Shift Manager, you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience in a similar paced production environment (essential).
- Performance management principles.
- Prior experience in managing continuous improvement activities.
- An Engineering Qualification is preferable
This position is based near Wolverhampton and is commutable from Sutton Coldfield, Tamworth, Birmingham and Coleshill, Telford, Castle Bromwich, Dudley, Tipton, Wednesbury, Great Barr, Halesowen, Stoke
If you are a Production Shift Manager seeking a new, fresh challenge in your career, please apply immediately.