A dynamic and forward-thinking Manufacturing Manager is required to manage and direct all personnel, including supervisors to deliver a lean and efficient tier 1 engineering operation. This position requires someone with a Process/CI mentality. In return you will receive a competitive salary of £50,000 to £55,000 plus a rewarding benefits package.
As a Manufacturing Manager your key responsibilities will include:
- To ensure all Team Leaders and Production Personnel are adequately trained to prepare, set and operate tooling and equipment in accordance with both process and safety requirements. Regularly maintain/update training matrixes.
- To create, communicate, drive and deliver the manufacturing strategy within the press shop with a view to achieve continuous improvement with Health, Safety & Environment, Quality and Productivity.
- To create a functional departmental structure capable of supplying on time in full delivery to the assembly areas whilst conforming to head count budget targets.
- Successfully utilise the Company DVM and Gemba process to report against KPI’s with aspects of KPI failure being investigated through the PSP methodology on a weekly basis.
- To drive the implementation and understanding of NPS tools and methodologies throughout the press shop in partnership with the Company OEL.
- Develop the knowledge and understanding of NPS tools with all Press Shop personnel through Kaizen activities, coaching and auditing.
- Ensure all Operation Standard Instructions required do exist and are of the correct level of detail with processes implemented to verify operator compliance.
- Support the implementation and manage the compliance of Press Shop Kanban systems.
To be successful in the role of Manufacturing Manager, you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong engineering/manufacturing background
- Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Experience in a supervisory capacity with good people management, motivational, communication, analytical, planning and implementation skills.
- Excellent leadership capabilities and ability to implement improvements and change
- Computer literate (MS Office, SharePoint, AX)
If you are an experienced Manufacturing or Production Manager seeking a new, fresh challenge in your career, please apply immediately.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.