This exciting position offers you the chance to join one of the Automotive's most iconic organisations in the key position of Production Engineer. Born out of significant growth and additional programmes, this is a critical role in the manufacturing process.
This position is to be based in Worcester and is easily commutable from Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Kidderminster, Redditch, Malvern, Bromyard, Stourport-On-Severn, Evesham, Tewkesbury, Pershore, Ledbury and Hereford.
As a Production Engineer, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- To develop, establish and optimise the manufacturing processes for both new and existing products in order with cost, quality and lead time expectations are met or exceeded.
- Will work with engineers on new or resourced business projects on in-house commissioning, final buy-off and acceptance (internally & customer)
- To support the procurement and introduction to site of additional and upgraded production equipment through liaison with all the necessary personnel and external supplier contacts
- Keeping all costs to an absolute minimum, whilst contributing to the safe and efficient running of production processes and cost-effective use of downtime
- Update and install PLC equipment and systems, energy monitoring and purpose initiatives to reduce the companies costs and carbon footprint
- Lead in the automation of cells in line with company requirements
To be successful in the position of Production Engineer, you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Provide technical solutions for equipment and plant not performing to specified criteria
- To develop MWI’S and graphic illustrations to support manufacturing
- Develop and integrate materials, processes, data and technology to meet manufacturing and delivery requirements
- New Product Introduction
- Aid in the management of tools from initial design and modification to production acceptance
- Proactive role in leading cycle time reduction whilst maintaining quality capability
- Investigate and resolve manufacturing issues, such as repeat quality concerns
- Design concept for gauges and checking fixtures
- Validate and buy-off for gauges and checking fixtures
- Design, review, test and maintain manufacturing method processes
- Participate in lean manufacturing efforts and continuous improvement initiatives
- 5S culture to be taken into consideration in all work
- Coaching, mentoring and training of technical and manufacturing operatives
- Identify all operations to improve machine processes, removing any elements of waste
- Knowledge of the manufacturing processes, procedures, and machinery
- Demonstrates understanding of technical aspects of operations. The ability to communicate and evaluate technical information and issues impacting design, production and support of products and services.
If you have a strong background within a similar environment, as a Production Engineer, are a good communicator with a “can do” attitude and you are looking for a more challenging role, please apply immediately. In return our client offers a salary of between £35,000 - £40,000 per annum depending on experience.