Excellent salary plus benefits
Recruit 12 has an exciting opportunity for a Production Buyer to be responsible for developing and implementing the commodity strategy for Purchased Electronic components or Plastic Moulded parts in line with Departmental and the client's business strategies, achieving cost reduction activity without compromising quality, ensuring a sustainable supply chain and ability to adjust agile automotive environment by anticipation/proactively control of the Procurement function. Proactively assess/monitor and identify the commercial risk to the business and customers to provide a sustainable supply of the commodity parts.
Your responsibilities as a Production Buyer will include:
- Develop the commodity strategy in line with Departmental/clients Business strategies and company policies.
- Implement the strategy and monitor the progress to ensure achieving cost down targets.
- Ensure to meet the time-bound target for New projects – coordinate to work efficiently and effectively with internal colleagues and/or suppliers.
- Develop and issue RFQ and evaluate open book quotations by making detailed comparisons between suppliers.
- Identify the areas of non-compliance between submitted quotations and clients drawings/specifications
- Review the drawings to closely monitor any design changes and ensure that suppliers are fully aware of these changes in time and log/record all cost implications where applicable.
- Manage the project/your area of responsibility in line with industrial/customer/clients new project processes including PPAP, delivery of trial parts, packing approval, ramp-up stock levels and hand-over.
- Negotiate with internal customers and/or suppliers in terms of contractual agreement or QCD agreement to secure the better deal to create positive impact to clients profitability
- Maintain the regular contact with current/potential suppliers to develop/maintain commercially competitive business partnership – which includes visiting the supplier site for on-spot auditing of processes/commercial review.
- Monitor and assess any commercial risks in relation to existing suppliers and sub-suppliers.
- Communicate the progress of projects/tasks with team weekly basis and identify & assess the commercial supply risk with possible solution/countermeasure.
- Work with the supplier systems, ensuring that the relevant KPI measures are in place and regularly reviewed on all suppliers within your area of responsibility.
- Work closely with others within the department, making a positive contribution to good team working and idea generation.
- To maintain and further develop departmental procedures and work instructions to ensure compliance with IATF16949. Support to ensure company adherence to legislation / compliance and specific customer request.
To be a successful candidate as a Production Buyer you will need:
- Fully or partially qualified with CIPS (or studying towards CIPS) – Business or Engineering degree is advantageous.
- Minimum hands-on experience in Production/Manufacturing environment for 5 years. Automotive industry and/or other highly technical industry which involves technical drawings or data is desirable.
- Experience to work in a fast paced / dynamic environment.
- Hands-on negotiation skill for better terms for commercial benefits.
- Hands-on supplier audit & quotation analysis skill
- Hands-on experience in supplier site audit in high volume production is advantageous.
- Knowledge and/or experience in Lean Manufacturing practice such as TPS, JIT, 5S is advantageous.
- Experience in supplier management
- Experience in Purchasing Electronics or Plastic Mouldings
- Knowledge for manufacturing process of Electronics (Print Base Assy) or Plastic Mouldings
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with teams
- Good IT skills including power point, excel and word
- Experience of working within a Tier 1 Automotive environment.
- Knowledge and/or experience in IATF16949, ISO9001, ISO 14001 & ISO26262 is advantageous.
- Knowledge of REACH/IMDS/PPAP is advantageous.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.