We are currently seeking a dynamic and proactive Process Engineer. As a Process Engineer you will be responsible for providing setting and technical support to the shift allied with ensuring that all plant is prepared in line with machine parameters and capability. Also ensure that plant capability is maintained reporting or escalating specific issues as required.
Salary is £38,000 to £43,000 per annum, plus excellent company benefits. Operating a double day shift (06:00-14:00- 14:00- 22:00)
As a Process Engineer, your duties & responsibilities will include:
To provide trouble-shooting and technical support for the shift.
- Ability to lead setters and ensure they are managed and trained & follow company standards
- Action production problems during the shift using approved methods
- Lead & play an active part in scrap reduction & cycle time
- To have an active involvement in improvement activities to support the achievement of departmental and company objectives. Scrap reduction, data collection & analysis, cycle time improvement
- Actively take part in tool changes to make sure they meet company standards and times
- To use lean techniques to improve tool change times and other setter activities
To be successful in this role, you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of the properties and processing behaviour of polymer materials
- Fully conversant with electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Familiar with analytical/diagnostic tools, SPC, FMEA, SMED, PPS. 5 WHY, Risk assessment, change point control, an appreciation of Micro soft office
- Completion of BPTA courses up to NVQ level 3 in injection moulding. ONC in plastics or other engineering qualifications would be preferable
This position is based in Droitwich and is easily accessible from Bromsgrove, Worcester, Redditch and Kidderminster.
If you believe you have what it takes to be a successful Process Engineer, please apply immediately.