Principal Mechanical Engineer
Excellent Salary plus benefits package
Recruit 12 have an excellent opportunity for a Principal Mechanical Engineer ideally experienced in the full project lifecycle of complex machinery from concept to commissioning.
Recognised as a world leader in the area of remote handling equipment and specialist robots, our client produces world class solutions that support a much cleaner and safer planet.
As a Principal Mechanical Engineer your responsibilities will include the following:
An integral role within the Engineering team, you will be supporting the delivery of multi discipline remote handling projects.
Some of your duties and responsibilities will be:
- The focus of this role is on team leadership and personnel management, with a strong technical background. Including, resource planning, recruitment & development of technical staff.
- Managing the design delivery of projects including design reviews including change management and design risk assessments.
- Ensuring all technical decisions have gone through the correct approval routes with an appropriate level of supporting documentation.
- Leading technical representation with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Mentor, coach & manage engineering staff.
- Ensuring continuous improvement by using tools and processes that reduce engineering lead times, improve quality, reusability, reliability and compliance to standards.
To be successful as a Principal Mechanical Engineer, you must have:
- Recognised degree level qualification in engineering at a minimum level of 2:1 (Hons).
- More than 5 years’ experience in an engineering management position.
- Substantial experience in a leadership role within an engineering or manufacturing business.
- Experience in the design, implementation and use of remote handling equipment or the development of robotic equipment is beneficial
- Experience of working with international clients, primarily Japan, is beneficial.
- Good people management skills with effective communication. Ability to resource plan and manage conflicts.
- Proficient technical working and practical knowledge of being part of a multi-disciplinary organisation.
- Demonstrate good technical competence in engineering management along with a track record of delivering engineering or projects.
- Demonstrate good customer service skills across a range of key stakeholders with a strong Client focus.
- Demonstrate an excellent level of management of teams.
- Demonstrate a good level of bid, project and delivery within a project environment.
- Demonstrate good presentation of data and written skills especially planning tasks and reporting writing.
- A good working knowledge and ability of using Solidworks & PDM as well as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Plant Lifecycle Management Tools and the Google suite.
- Member of professional body/Chartered Engineer
What you will receive as a Principal Mechanical Engineer:
Attractive salary & benefits: Pension, 26 days holiday (rising incrementally to 31) You will join a highly skilled team of a prestigious brand, you will have the opportunity (when required) to travel internationally with your product, taking real ownership of what you do demonstrating your passion for engineering.
This position is based in Oxfordshire, and is easily accessible from Oxford, Newbury, Didcot, Harwell etc.
If you are excited by the prospect of joining an international organisation as a Principal Mechanical Engineer, please apply immediately.