Principal Mechanical Engineer
Attractive Salary plus Benefits
Recruit12 is currently offering a position within a world-class organization for a Principal Mechanical Engineer, to join an exciting company that is the leading provider of Remote Handling solutions and is supporting the clean-up of some of the world’s most hazardous environments. This role will join our client's fast-growing nuclear decommissioning & waste management business, by developing and delivering unique, first-of-a-kind robotic technology to our clients across the world.
Recognised as a world leader in the area of remote handling equipment and specialist robots, our client produces world-class solutions that support a much cleaner and safer planet. A Principal Mechanical Engineer is required to deliver all mechanical design elements on projects from requirements specification through to concept, design, implementation, development to manufacture, integration, commissioning, delivery, and operation.
The key elements of the role are:
- Leading the design delivery of projects including the specification, design development, design reviews including change management and design risk assessments.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring all technical decisions have gone through the correct approval routes with an appropriate level of supporting documentation.
- Assist in the development of specifications for the Supply Chain team.
- Assisting the development of testing and commissioning procedures for sub-assemblies and full electro-mechanical systems.
- Leading technical representation with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Mentor, coach & manage engineering staff as required
- Ensuring continuous improvement by using tools and processes that reduce engineering lead times, improve quality, reusability, reliability and compliance to standards.
- Maintaining knowledge of new technologies and research in the given field.
- Ensuring that the health and Safety Policy, hazard and risk analysis, compliance with CDM and any other regulations are adhered to within the scope of work.
- Ensuring that the quality Policy and procedures are adhered to within the scope of work.
To be successful in the role of Senior Principal Engineer, you will have the following skills & experience:
- Experience in a design leadership role within an engineering or manufacturing business.
- Experience in the design, implementation and use of remote handling equipment or the development of robotic equipment
- Experience of working with international clients, primarily Japan, is beneficial but not required
- Good people management skills with effective communication.
- Ability to resource plan and manage conflicts.
- Proficient technical working and practical knowledge of being part of a multi-disciplinary organisation.
- Demonstrate good technical competence in engineering management along with a track record of delivering engineering or projects.
- Demonstrate good customer service skills across a range of key stakeholders with a strong Client focus.
- Demonstrate a good level of management of teams.
- Demonstrate a good level of bid, project and delivery within a project environment.
- Demonstrate good presentation of data and written skills especially planning tasks and reporting writing.
- Excellent working knowledge and ability to use Solidworks (Or Equivalent CAD software) & PDM as well as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Plant Lifecycle Management Tools, and the Google suite.
- This requires an engineer who is experienced with complex machines.
- This could include all sorts of industries/sectors backgrounds, from medical to precision engineer equipment. However, it must be one-off machine design or as close to.
- This role will require someone who is strong in their discipline but can integrate with other engineers such as C&S, Electrical, project etc. to manage a multidiscipline as technical lead.