Principal Electrification Engineer
Attractive Salary plus Benefits
Recruit12 currently have an exciting new opportunity to work as a Principal Electrification Engineer for a worldwide respected organisation, providing technical assistance on upcoming projects for the wider team.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer at one of their modern engineering centres in Staffordshire, you will be working on a range of exciting technical development projects which are targeted to ensure that these machines are the most technically advanced, robust and competitive on the market.
As a Principal Electrification Engineer, your main responsibilities will include the following:
- Design and development of high voltage electric powertrain systems
- Electrical/electronic system design and integration for automotive and/or off-highway vehicles
- Understanding of safety-critical systems and the application to electrical and electronic systems design and specification in harsh environments
- Working with suppliers to develop technical strategy
- Understanding of CAN and vehicle networking protocols
- Experience in software development processes
- Writing, developing, and verification of specification documents.
- Development of technical specifications, Group Electrical Standards, and instructions
- Carrying out system and installation reviews to known standards
To be successful as a Principal Electrification Engineer, your must have:
- Knowledge of vehicle legislation and standards (eg ISO13849, EN61508, ISO26262)
- Experience developing Hydrogen-powered systems is desirable but not essential
- Having worked in a manufacturing business, hence an understanding of resultant commercial pressures
- Educated to a minimum HND level in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or similar
- Self-motivated and capable of working well both alone and as a member of a team
- Able to demonstrate significant experience in automotive or Off-Road electrical systems design
- Proficient in the use of engineering software and simulation tools
- Experienced in the specification of battery systems, including cells, chemistry and manufacturing/handling processes
- Able to understand and contribute to the development of machine electrical components, and vehicle harness architectures to suit off-road applications
- Have a good knowledge of vehicle legislation and standards for the UK, Europe, and ROW
- Likely to have hobby/interest related to car maintenance or other practical activity
- Sound grasp of engineering principles
What you will receive as a Principal Electrification Engineer:
Attractive salary plus benefits, and the opportunity to take charge of your career by working for an organisation that encourages growth and development within your skillset. Fully supportive of professional development such as IMeche, IET or Chartered Engineer status. This opportunity allows you to take ownership of your technical skills, by providing a supportive environment to enable you to excel in all aspects of the role. Permanent benefits include: committed career progression and development paths including, pension, medical and dental care schemes, access to the company’s healthy living centre and 33 days annual leave.
This position is based in Staffordshire and is easily accessible by areas such as Telford, Safford, Cannock, West Midlands, Nottinghamshire and other surrounding areas.
If this is a position that excites you, then please apply immediately.