£30,000 - £32,500
Recruit12 Construction has a fantastic opportunity for a Plumbing Manager to join an experienced contractor who is based in Cardiff that works within the commercial, public and industrial sectors. The company has been working within these sectors since 2005.
The company has a strong client base and employs over 600 staff operating across the UK and prides itself on always putting the needs of its customers first.
As a Plumbing Manager your responsibilities will include the following:
- Manage on-site operational delivery of all plumbing activities.
- Provide the Operations Manager with a periodic report providing accurate and concise information on; operational activity and support, performance / KPI‘s, financial performance against scheduled work, Resource, Health & Safety, and compliance.
- Undertake 121 meetings and annual appraisals with the Water Engineering Team.
- To be a ‘core’ member of the Operations Meeting.
- Manage and oversee in conjunction with the Operations Manager and HR personal development plans and training, in alignment with appraisal outcomes, business requirements, workforce planning, and group strategy.
- Responsible for providing quotations for required plumbing works from client inquiry, and work identified by the Business Development team, and ensuring all works are delivered to budget and timescale
- Undertake plumbing works as determined by the Operations Manager.
- Develop RAMS in compliance with industry standards for action by the support teams and planning. ensuring the site teams have the tools, equipment, and instruction to undertake effective on-site service delivery.
- Liaise with and support the Operations Manager with scheduling and planning of plumbing works.
- Direct contact and communication channel for site teams, clients, and company support staff.
- Attend client or project meetings as required and provide any required reports.
- Manage all site issues including deviations from the scope of plumbing works.
- Management of site-based team on a daily basis ensuring all compliance requirements are adhered to.
- To convey to the Business Development Team any identified opportunities for plumbing and remedial works.
- Provide the Operations Manager with a pipeline of forthcoming works for planning and scheduling.
- Liaise with the Operations Manager and Corporate Procurement to undertake regular supplier reviews, create new models and accounts to enable the reduction and control of expenditure.
- To undertake competency audits with all members of the plumbing team in compliance with Company procedures; Health & Safety, and regulatory requirements.
- To liaise with the Operations Manager in the scheduling of the work of sub-contractors and monitoring standards.
- Produce a monthly report for the Operations Manager on the current position in respect of all plumbing works including current and pipeline works.
- Produce a weekly verbal update report for the Operation Manager on the plumbing team including current and pipeline works.
- Ensure engagement and communication with operational support, the Operational manager, and the Business Development Team to enable them to support and develop all aspects of the plumbing service including effective planning, scheduling, issue resolution, client growth, and reporting.
- Ensure all plumbing works are delivered to budget, timescale, and regulatory standards and be able to report this information for ‘large’ clients.
- Client reports are compiled and delivered accurately and on agreed timescales.
- Provide the operations manager. With accurate information to ensure efficient planning of plumbing works.
- Ensure all Health and Safety issues such as accidents and near misses are reported and managed in line with procedure.
- Report all non-conformance from sub-contractors.
- Identify and increase project value in alignment with business strategy and targets.
- Provide/identify cost savings where possible.
- Ensure staff is supported to deliver and meet their agreed targets, outcomes, and development plans.
To be successful as a Plumbing Manager, you must have:
- Experience, knowledge, and understanding of standards, regulations, and guidance for plumbing works.
- Experience in planning and undertaking project plumbing works to budget, timescale, and industry standards.
- The ability to provide management information including operational project/job updates, budget, and cost performance.
- Proven and demonstrable ability to effectively manage staff on an individual and team basis ensuring optimum performance, company strategy delivery, and group policy compliance.
- Experience in undertaking and evaluating plumbing competency audits and assessing and developing resulting training needs.
- Experience in collating and communicating management information and reports.
- Experience and understanding of client-specific requirements in relation to plumbing works