An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Operations Manager based in the Warwickshire area for a global leading Electronics Manufacturer. As the Operations Manager you will be responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of the departments under the direction of the Operations Director, allocating and managing the resource to meet customer requirements in terms of quality and timeliness. Contribute to, and implement, plans to develop processes and people to meet current and future business needs. Ensure compliance to customer, health, safety, wellbeing and environmental requirements, and commitment to the principle of continuous improvement.
Salary circa £40,000 plus fantastic benefits package
As an Operations Manager, your key responsibilities will include
- Drive a health and safety culture throughout the warehouse to the highest standards of compliance.
- Ensure all statutory health and safety checks are completed in accordance with HSE legislation for example PUWER’s.
- Ensure the warehouse operations has at all times supervisory, fork lift truck, first aid and fire marshal coverage.
- Maintain Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) with regard to stock movements and turnaround times.
- Implement people resource and customer plans to meet forecast demand.
- Support, drive and visually report continuous improvements and KPI’s within the warehouse, delivering tangible and measurable benefits.
- Conduct one appraisal and a minimum of three 1:2:1 documented meeting per employee, ensuring SMART and clear objectives are identified. All appraisals to be completed OTIF by deadline.
- Effectively coach and mentor employees within the warehouse and when requested, act as a mentor within other areas of the business.
- Proactively plan, conduct and document weekly team briefings covering warehouse performance, deadlines, health, safety and environment. Provide a copy of these team briefings to your Operations Director.
To be successful in the role of Operations Manager, you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Relevant experience of embedding a health, safety, environment and can-do culture in a warehouse environment.
- Broad operational experience of delivery within a fast paced, complex environment
- Excellent knowledge of production, planning & organising skills with the ability to demonstrate successful plan delivery
- Experience of people management to meet demanding deadlines
- Experience of delivering against budgets, including identifying and delivering ongoing cost reductions
- Excellent verbal and written assertive (not aggressive) communication skills and able to appropriately inform and influence audiences at all levels
- Relevant experience and people management skills to handle corrective actions, performance improvement, disciplinary and grievance processes
- Understands and exploits continuous improvement methodologies
- Strong recent working knowledge of SAP.
This position is based in Coventry and is easily commutable from West Bromwich, Sutton Coldfield, Smethwick Rugby, Leicester, Northampton, Milton Keynes
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.