NPI Quality Engineer
Recruit 12 has an exciting opportunity as a NPI Quality Engineer To work as a member of the NPI / Project team to deliver and improve a product and process into Manufacturing that meets both the businesses and our customers expectation.
For the following activities it is expected that the NPI Customer Engineering / Quality is responsible for Co-ordination of APQP activities leading across new product introductions and overseeing BEON/PPAP release status of customer released products. Interface with Customer Quality, Project Management, Testing and Engineering ensure customer BEON/PPAP targets are met for all launch and ECR requirements.
- Control and track all APQP documents through PPAP approval for new program launches to ensure customer submission dates are achieved.
- Execute PPAP submission and approval as required for customer & the businesses initiated Engineering changes.
- Contribute to lessons learned reflection workshops as a common point of reference across product range
- Understand and provide interpretation of customer PPAP specific requirements when required.
For the following activities it is expected that the NPI Process Engineer supports the project team to meet the Phase Exit milestones.
- Manage Project Documentation.
- Design for Manufacture activities throughout the project phase.
- RFQ creation of project specific gauges through concept realization.
- DFMEA input and phase reviews.
- Individual part reviews to feed into the CTS (Tooling documentation).
- Support project development activities and work alongside the NPI Launch Coordinator.
- Support where necessary Pre- Series builds.
- Oversee and participate in task completion of Quality related Project phased gateway release.
- Ensure latest customer specifications and standards are in place within BMS.
- Attend customer meetings if required.
- Preparation of BEON/PPAP elements.
- Internal Quality Champion for Run at Rate/2DP activities to ensure safe product launch..
- Support with statistical analysis through product maturation phases.
- Support D/PFMEA & DFM reviews as required.
To be a successful candidate as a NPI Quality Engineer you will need:
- Significant experience in a medium volume manufacturing environment, preferably automotive
- Strong knowledge of the latest Automotive tools and techniques.
- Strong APQP experience that match WIPAC customer portfolio.
- A detailed understanding of IMDS.
- Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers.
- Excellent leadership and man-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational and follow-up skills..
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making..
- Commercially aware.
- Strong “can do” attitude.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.