A driven NPDI Buyer is required to join a key manufacturer of assemblies and components for the aerospace industry. Joining their Purchasing and Supply Chain department, the ideal candidate will have relevant and proven experience; seeking an opportunity to develop their skills within a continually growing organisation. This is a permanent, full time, position offering an annual salary of £35,000 - £40,000 alongside company benefits.
As a NPDI Buyer, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Developing a stable supply chain strategy that incorporates QCD requirements for the NPDI process
- Effective programme management of key supply chain activities
- Manage supplier performance through SMART metrics
- Attend all diary meetings that govern NPDI process and be able to articulate current status, risks and potential opportunities
- Work alongside Business Development and Engineering department so ensure strategies are aligned and target beings met
- Identify and implement best practices within procurement to maintain competitive advantage for the business through evaluation of total cost or acquisition
To be successful as a NPDI Buyer, you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Supply Chain and Procurement within an Aerospace Manufacturing environment
- Programme management experience
- Experience with negotiation of contracts
- Demonstrable achievements in continuous improvement and cost reduction
- Knowledge of business transformation and implementing innovative new ways of working
This position is based in Birmingham and is easily accessible from Sutton Coldfield, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Solihull.
If you are currently seeking to take a new step within your career, and believe you meet the required criteria, please apply immediately.