Maintenance Engineer (multi-skilled) required for a leading automotive manufacturing company. This position is a newly created position through business growth involving the maintenance of mechanical and electrical plant equipment and repair & installation. Fast paced and challenging role earning £35,000 and a fantastic salary and benefits package.
Working for a key player in the automotive sector, you will provide a multi-skilled service to production and engineering ensuring that all maintenance tasks, e.g. rectification of production breakdowns, continuous improvement and planned maintenance are carried out efficiently and on time. In addition, the role is to provide a building maintenance service as well as assisting with the relocation of machinery.
As Maintenance Engineer your job role will include:
- Maintain and improve OEE levels
- Ability to work closely with production and engineering teams
- To be flexible across all disciplines e.g. mechanical/electrical
- Implement planned maintenance and the recording thereof
- Minimise equipment downtime
- Ability to work with specialised machinery
- Ability to identify problems and provide cost-effective solutions
- Fully conversant with PPM / TPM
- Recording of breakdown information and ability to analyse data
- Ensuring work is carried out in compliance with Health, Safety & Environmental legislation and company policies and procedures
- Undertake any other duties & requests considered necessary to fulfil the role
- To monitor the usage of spares and maintain stock levels
To be successful as a Maintenance Engineer you will have the following skills:
- Min 3 years’ experience of working as maintenance or technical engineer
- Must be multi-skilled in mechanical /electrical maintenance or be strong in one discipline but have some experience of the other
- Ability to make timely decisions based on logical assumptions, factual information & constraints within the organisation
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to work, continuously striving for improvement
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Demonstrate ability to identify record, analyse and solve technical faults with machinery
- Experience of working with PLC (Siemens Step 7, Modicon TSX), CNC, robotics, hydraulics and pneumatics would be advantageous, in particular, Kuka robots KRC1, Motoman robots XRC,ABB S3 & S4 & IRC5
If you are an experienced Maintenance Engineer looking for a varied and technical workload, please apply immediately. In return, my client offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK Right to Work.