Excellent Salary plus Benefits
Recruit12 is currently offering the opportunity to work as a Mechanical Technician, to deliver mechanical manufacturing & assembly elements on VNS-UK projects, including support for testing, commissioning, operation, and maintenance.
You will be joining an organization that is recognized globally for working collaboratively to produce world-class technology solutions that support a cleaner and safer planet’. It is a leading provider of Remote Handling solutions that are supporting the clean-up of some of the world’s most hazardous environments.
As a Mechanical Technician, your main responsibilities will include:
- Work under the guidance of the Lead Technician to assist in the delivery of solutions for client remote handling applications over the full product life cycle.
- General workshop duties, including milling, turning, bench fitting, sub-assembly and testing/commissioning of complete assemblies.
- Maintain and develop competence in areas applicable to the work undertaken, with a strong focus on safety.
- Contribution to workload planning and throughput management.
- Input to the design process, in consultation with the Manufacturing Engineer team, to ensure efficient constructability of design solutions.
- Maintain quality & traceability by following procedures and the job card workflow.
To be successful as a Mechanical Technician, you must have:
- 2 + years’ of working in a mechanical technician role.
- A basic awareness of the QMS including a good awareness of the quality requirements related to the delivery of projects
- An appropriate level of education, ideally to HND level with a focus on mechanical engineering.
- Ability to train and mentor staff to carry out tasks
- Experience in a workshop environment undertaking mechanical tasks. Ideally including Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Electro-mechanical equipment, High tolerance mechanical machining & assembly.
- Demonstrate technical competence in mechanical technician skills, including comprehension of engineering drawings and digital job cards.
- Demonstrate working technical and practical judgment in anticipating and solving problems.
- Provide support to project teams and other Departments.
- Develop specialist skills in applicable areas.
This position is based in Oxfordshire and is easily accessible from Didcot, Abingdon, Faringdon, and Wantage.
If you are excited by the prospect of joining an international organisation as a Mechanical Technician, please apply immediately.