Attractive Salary plus Benefits
Recruit12 currently has an exciting new opportunity to join a highly respected organisation as a Mechanical Technician, to provide assistance on mechanical manufacturing & assembly elements of projects.
As a Mechanical Technician, your main responsibilities will include:
- Work under the guidance of the Lead Technician to assist in the delivery of solutions for client remote handling applications over the full product life cycle
- General workshop duties, including milling, turning, bench fitting, sub-assembly, and testing/commissioning of complete assemblies.
- Maintain and develop competence in areas applicable to the work undertaken, with a strong focus on safety.
- Contribution to workload planning and throughout the management.
- Input to the design process, in consultation with the Manufacturing Engineer team, to ensure efficient constructability of design solutions.
- Maintain quality & traceability by following procedures and the job card workflow.
- Ensuring the Health, Safety and Welfare of work is maintained with the cooperation of the Technician team leader and Workshop Manager.
To be successful as a Mechanical Technician, you must have:
- 2 + years’ of working in a mechanical technician role.
- An appropriate level of education, ideally to HND level with a focus on mechanical engineering.
- Experience in a workshop environment undertaking mechanical tasks.
- Experience working with Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Electro-mechanical equipment, and High tolerance mechanical machining & assembly is preferred.
- Demonstrate technical competence in mechanical technician skills, including comprehension of engineering drawings and digital job cards.
- Demonstrate working technical and practical judgment in anticipating and solving problems.
- Ability to develop and present technical arguments in a concise and clear manner.
- Familiarity with using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email.
- Deliver written and oral communications effectively.
- Full UK Driving licence
- Forklift licence
- Gantry crane operation experience
What you will receive as a Mechanical Technician:
An attractive salary plus benefits such as a Contributory Pension Scheme, Bike to Work Scheme, and 25 days annual holiday plus national Bank Holidays, and the opportunity for you to showcase your skills and take control of your career within an organisation that values personal and professional growth.
This position is based in Oxfordshire and is easily accessible from Oxford, Newbury, Didcot, Harwell, and surrounding areas.
If you are excited by the prospect of a Mechanical Technician, please apply immediately.