Excellent Salary subject to Experience
Recruit12 Construction is delighted to be working alongside an established M&E Building Services Contractor in their search for an experienced Mechanical Estimator. Based within the West Midlands, our client is skilled in delivering holistic M&E packages on large-scale schemes across Distribution, Stadia, Industrial, Commercial, Hotel & Leisure.
As a Mechanical Estimator, you will be required to hit the ground running in a fast-paced environment, with responsibilities such as:
• Ensure the Tender folder is correctly maintained.
• Read all tender documents before an estimate is started, and ensure any discrepancies between spec/drawings/tender summary are picked up.
• Record and submit all RFI’s in the correct documentation.
• Prepare an estimate in line with the exact tender summary provided.
• Review tender.
• List any assumptions, clarifications, VE and conditions, etc.
• Submit tender and update SharePoint with all costs.
• Record details on the Management system.
• Follow up tender and record on SharePoint.
• Attend and participate in Departmental Company & External Meetings
• Keep up to date with industry standards.
• Develop your skills in line with the agreed training plan
• Use Ireland and UK Terms and Conditions when submitting a tender.
• Attend Tender Handover Meeting when the project is Won: The Estimator who will have in-depth knowledge of costs and allowances within the project must have the following information available for the Tender Handover Meeting:
o Tender Drawings
o Tender Specifications
o Tender Summary
o Tender Calculations
• Discuss how Estimator interpreted the project
• Quotations from Suppliers and any discussions between Estimator & Supplier
• Contract Documents
• Comply with all EHSQ policies and procedures as required.
To be successful in the position of Mechanical Estimator, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Educated to a degree in mechanical/ construction/ building services subject or experience with a solid mechanical services background.
- Experience with schemes valued between £4m - £10m.
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Confident in using IT; full training will be provided on specific computer systems.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Construction, Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.