Recruit12 are delighted to be working alongside an established M&E Building Services Contractor in their search for an experienced Senior Mechanical Estimator. Based within the West Midlands, our client is skilled in delivery holistic M&E packages on large-scale schemes across Distribution, Stadia, Industrial, Commercial, Hotel & Leisure.
As a Senior Mechanical Estimator, you will be required to hit the ground running in a fast-paced environment, with responsibilities such as:
- Ensure Tender folder is correctly maintained.
- Read all tender documents before an estimate is started, and ensure any discrepancies between spec / drawings / tender summary are picked up.
- Record and submit all RFI’s in the correct documentation.
- Prepare estimate in line with exact tender summary provided
- Review tender
- List any assumptions, clarifications, VE and conditions etc.
- Attend and participate in Departmental Company & External Meetings
- Keep up to date with industry standards.
- Develop your skills in line with agreed training plan
- Attend Tender Handover Meeting when the project is Won
- Quotations from Suppliers
- Contract Documents
- Comply with all EHSQ policies and procedures as required.
To be successful in the position of Senior Mechanical Estimator, you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Educated to a degree in mechanical/ construction/ building services subject or experience with a solid mechanical services background.
- Experience of schemes valued between £4m - £10m.
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Confident in using IT; full training will be provided on specific computer systems.
This is an URGENT requirement for the company, as such candidates based both in Stoke on Trent and Birmingham will be considered.