Mechanical Design Engineer
Competitive Salary + benefits package
Recruit12 Construction has a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a leading Mechanical and Electrical Building Services contractor based in the west midlands.
Due to phenomenal growth, they are looking to add an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join one of the UK’s fastest growing M&E Building Services companies.
Reporting into the Design Manager this Mechanical Design Engineer role is joining an experienced team in a very fast paced environment.
Working on a vast portfolio of projects in the following sectors: industrial, commercial, pharmaceutical, food processing, logistics distribution centres.
To be successful as a Mechanical Design Engineer your responsibilities will include the following:
- Designing in conjunction with fire certs, disability access certs & planning permission report.
- Attending Design team meetings.
- Carrying out site surveys of existing installations.
- Producing stage reports & presentations.
- Detailing mechanical schematics for build.
- Sourcing and procurement of electrical components for designs
- Liaising with customers & suppliers.
- Meeting project delivery deadlines.
- Production of detailed design briefs, basis of designs and survey reports.
- Carry out all work in a professional manner.
- This list is not exhaustive or exclusive.
To be successful as a Mechanical Design Engineer, you must have:
- 10 years’ experience minimum in the Mechanical Engineering field
- Deep knowledge of CIBSE, IOP, BS, IS and EN Irish and UK standards
- Knowledge of HevaComp, IES, TAS required
- Understanding of local authority Building Regulations and other Statutory Authority Regulations (Water Regulations etc)
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong communication skills
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Construction, Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.