Mechanical Design Engineer
Excellent salary plus benefits
Recruit 12 has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to be responsible for the design, BOM issue, production, and technical support for a portfolio of products including CCW, DACS and Xray machinery.
Your responsibilities as a Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
- To be responsible for designs, BOM’s, development work, enquiries and value engineering activities on-time and to the correct specification, hygiene and quality standards.
- Holding design reviews, understanding the key requirements and progressing a design to completion.
- Utilising Design for Manufacture and Value Engineering techniques to ensure a smooth transition from design concept into manufacture.
- Select appropriate third-party components to be used within designs.
- To produce layout, assembly and detail drawings from a sketched idea.
- To produce costing sheets for proposed designs, parts and assemblies.
- To produce quotes and equipment selection recommendations.
- To formulate technical specifications for parts and products.
- To encourage innovation and actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- To ensure full compliance with all relevant regulations, legislation, and customer specific Codes of Practice.
- To ensure KPI targets for RFT, efficiency, and cost and service are consistently achieved.
- To meet all deadlines and targets.
- To support and assist other team members as required.
- Establishing good working relationship with assembly teams, planning, purchasing, sales and other key members of all Departments.
- To undertake all tasks that are commensurate with the post.
To be a successful candidate as a Mechanical Design Engineer you will need:
- You will have a mechanical engineering qualification and/or previous proven experience in a similar role, with strong knowledge of materials handling, existing core products and sheet metal/SPM design, the ability to produce layout, assembly and detail drawings from a sketched idea, have full understanding of relevant Health and Safety regulations, and have excellent problem solving skills.
- You will have good communication skills, be a customer focused team player and possess a flexible, pro-active and methodical approach to tasks.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist, working within the Automotive, World class manufacturing, Renewable energy and Construction sectors
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.