Excellent Salary plus benefits package
Recruit 12 have an excellent opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer taking an integral role within the Engineering team, you will be supporting the delivery of multi discipline remote handling projects.
Recognised as a world leader in the area of remote handling equipment and specialist robots, our client produces world class solutions that support a much cleaner and safer planet.
As a Mechanical Engineer your responsibilities will include the following:
- Designing remote handling equipment that provides innovative solutions for complex remote handling tasks
- Working on various projects, the Mechanical Engineer assists the team in delivering world class technology solutions in complex hazardous environments.
- Contributing to the delivery of mechanical aspects of projects, either individually or as part of a project team. This includes the following: specification, design development, design reviews, change management, design risk assessments, implementation, integration, and commissioning.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring all technical decisions have gone through the correct approval routes.
- Assisting the development of testing and commissioning procedures for sub-assemblies and full electro-mechanical systems.
- Ensuring continuous improvement by using tools and processes to reduce engineering lead times, improve quality, reusability, reliability and compliance to standards.
- Maintaining knowledge of new technologies and research in the given field.
To be successful as a Mechanical Engineer, you must have:
- Degree or equivalent in engineering, science, or related field
- An excellent working knowledge of scientific and engineering principles and concepts and their application to problem solving
- A dedicated career in mechanical design and manufacture
- Complex system design.
- CAD experience, ideally Solidworks 2019
- Experience with Mechanical Engineering calculations
- Member of professional body/Chartered Engineer
- Experience with Mathcad Version 14 or later
- Experience with Document Management in a CAD environment (PDM)
What you will receive as a Mechanical Engineer:
Attractive salary & benefits package, Pension, 26 days holiday (rising incrementally to 31) You will join a highly skilled team of a prestigious brand, you will have the opportunity (when required) to travel internationally with your product, taking real ownership of what you do demonstrating your passion for engineering.
This position is based in Oxfordshire, and is easily accessible from Oxford, Newbury, Didcot, Harwell etc.
If you are excited by the prospect of joining an international organisation as a Mechanical Engineer, please apply immediately.