Mechanical Design Engineer
Attractive Salary plus Benefits
Recruit 12 have an excellent opportunity for a Principal Mechanical Engineer to manage the delivery of all mechanical design elements from requirements and specification through to concept, design, implementation, development to manufacture, integration, commissioning, delivery, and operation.
You will be joining an organization that is recognised globally for working collaboratively to produce world-class technical solutions that support a cleaner and safer planet. It is a leading provider of Remote Handling solutions that are supporting the clean-up of some of the world’s most hazardous environments.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, your responsibilities will include the following:
- You will be responsible for detailed engineering design of the company’s projects and systems.
- Work between the mechanical design engineering and technical teams to produce 2D & 3D Cad models from initial design schemes, prototypes, and final detailed designs.
- To produce detailed component manufacturing drawings to BS8888.
- Compile bills of material for release to Manufacturing.
- Manage the design change control process and update parts and assemblies accordingly following “form fit and function”
- To issue completed design packages to procurement and manufacturing.
- Ensure all work is to the current design office standards and best practice
To be a successful Mechanical Design Engineer, you must have:
- Strong educational background specialising in mechanical engineering or similar disciplines.
- 3+ years experience with a broad knowledge of manufacturing methods and practices and be used to working flexibly and autonomously as part of a small team
- Demonstrate appropriate technical knowledge
- Anticipate problems and work to solve them
- Creation of scripts and macros for repetitive tasks
- Having a working commercial awareness related to projects and suppliers.
This position is based in Oxfordshire and is easily accessible from Didcot, Abingdon, Faringdon, and Wantage.
If you are excited by the prospect of joining an international organisation as a Mechanical Design Engineer, please apply immediately.