Up to £35,000 subject to experience
Recruit12 is excited to be representing an exciting client, who is a highly prestigious automotive manufacturing company, bringing a combined mix of traditional craftsmanship and appropriate modern technology. We are currently seeking a Materials Planner to join the business, with a key part to play in delivering efficient, effective, and flexible solutions to assist production needs.
As a Materials Planner, your main responsibilities will include:
- Schedule the supply of materials/components/services to meet production requirements and minimum safety stock levels.
- To ensure targets for the price, quality and delivery are met and continually reviewed for improvement.
- Ensure production build is not compromised. Understand and manage risks to minimize the impact on the production schedule and take remedial actions with suppliers to minimize the effect to the manufacturing of any known shortage.
- Work with suppliers to improve their scorecard rating, including all ethical and sustainability targets.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to forecast, plan and facilitate on-time materials to the production line as and when required, avoiding disruption to production.
- Generate and communicate supplier material delivery schedules and forecasts to ensure they reflect requirements and meet demands.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with suppliers and ensure demand for materials is met and deliveries made on time.
- Develop and implement processes and work with suppliers on continuous improvement initiatives.
- Support assessment and sourcing of suppliers in conjunction with members of the purchasing team, including best possible payment terms.
- Support supplier meetings and negotiations to ensure demand for materials is met.
- Resolve supplier concerns and evaluate supplier performance in conjunction with members of the purchasing team.
- Monitor inventory levels against agreed targets and take action on any deviation, optimizing inventory levels achieving all KPI targets.
- Assist Stores personnel with any stock discrepancy, investigations and corrective actions to ensure 100% accuracy.
- Take ownership of all parts affected by ECRs and new projects/programs ensuring seamless change over with no obsolescence.
To be successful as a Materials Controller, you must have:
- 3+ Years in a purchasing/material planning role, preferably from a manufacturing or automotive background.
- Must understand MRP and be experienced in using MS Office – Excel, Word and PPT
- Driven, pro-active, able to work under pressure and self-motivated.
- Assertive, optimistic, resilient and welcomes change.
- Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the costs, production, manufacture, and vehicle order fulfilment.
- Results orientated and organized with the ability to plan and deliver against deadlines.
- Strong analytical, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail skills.
As a Materials Planner, you will receive:
- 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Salary relative to experience
- 33 days holiday per year
- Pension scheme (5% contribution from Morgan)
- Contributory Private Medical Insurance (BUPA)
- Subsidised workwear
- Cycle2work and EV salary sacrifice scheme
- Enhanced Paternity & Maternity benefit
This position is based in Malvern and is easily accessible from surrounding areas such as Worcester, Droitwich Bromsgrove and others.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.