An efficient Materials Control Operative is required to join a leading automotive manufacturer specialising in heating and lighting applications. As the Materials Control Operative you will be responsible for ensuring delivery of orders in coordination with other scheduled requirements; achieved by expediting the planning, production and purchasing of materials providing a prompt and accurate picking on a timely bases. The successful candidate will join the business on a permanent basis, receiving an annual salary of £20,000 to £25,000 along with a rewarding benefits package.
As a Materials Control Operative, your duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Responsible for receiving, storing, packing and or unpacking of goods and checking quantity advised against quantity received from suppliers and raising discrepancy with supplier/purchasing
- Entering all material movements onto Sage ERP system and follow through with stock investigation of any discrepancies
- Raising picking lists, despatch notes, and any other documentation or labels required for the production or movement of goods
- Conducting cycle counts (PI) in accordance with the area KPI and full inventory counts of all material on site as requested
- Checking reporting of damaged goods, expiry dates and obsolete material.
- Responsible for receiving / packing and storage of finished goods and picking customer orders
To be successful as a Materials Control Operative, you must possess the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within a tier 1 automotive company within a material / store environment
- Qualified forklift driver
- Strong working knowledge of ERP systems (preferably SAGE system) and Microsoft Office applications literate for booking in goods, raising work orders, issuing material and transfer of material
- Effective communication skills; being able to communicate across all levels, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated success in making significant contribution to continuous improvement activities.
This position is based in Rubery and is easily accessible from Halesowen, Stourbridge, Redditch and Bromsgrove.
If you are currently seeking to new role within a dynamic manufacturing environment, and possess the required skills and experience, please apply immediately.