Recruit 12 is seeking a Materials Buyer to join a Tier 1 automotive manufacturer, supplying into some of the world’s largest OEM’s. As a Materials Buyer, you will be supporting the Purchasing and Logistics Controller with the purchase of goods; ensuring operational needs are met. This is a permanent, full time position for which the successful candidate will receive an annual salary of £32,000 - £35,000.
As a Materials Buyer, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing of materials required for pre-production samples in regards to price, lead time and delivery as part of the NPI process
- Identify and monitor purchasing activity across the business to assist development of a long term approach to procurement
- Supporting the Logistics and Purchasing Controller in ensuring new suppliers are approved and monitored / audited as per company procedure
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships
- Provide technical support of procurement requirements
- Report on procurement KIPs
To be successful in the position of Materials Buyer, you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- CIPS qualification, or working towards
- Previous experience within a similar position within the automotive industry
- Working knowledge of MRP systems, preferably SAGE
- Thorough understanding of Bill of Materials and Production Routings
- Ability to interpret and analyse engineering drawings and technical documents
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
This position is based in Rubery and is easily accessible from Halesowen, Stourbridge, Redditch and Bromsgrove.
If you are a Materials Buyer seeking a new position, and believe you meet the specified requirements, please apply immediately.