Manufacturing Technician – Nights
£32,500 plus excellent benefits
Working hours- Monday- Thursday 7pm-6am
Recruit 12 have an excellent opportunity for a Manufacturing Technician to Provide first line support to our manufacturing facility, working closely with the Manufacturing engineers ensure that all necessary equipment and processes are in place to meet current and future demand.
You will be joining an organisation that is recognised globally for their unique and highly innovative components. They are specialists within the electrification and automotive sector; this is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to utilise their skills and experience and put them into practice for a highly established multinational company.
As a Manufacturing Technician your responsibilities will include the following:
- Make workplace safety the number one priority by working with all interested parties to identify and eliminate potential hazards.
- Support equipment breakdowns, problem solve and implement fixes.
- Work with the manufacturing quality team to ensure that the quality of the finished product sent to customers is paramount.
- Ensure all necessary equipment and work instructions are available and up to date to support the production schedule.
- Provide first level resolution of all equipment and process issues that occur during the shift, bringing in appropriate support as required.
- Ensure accurate production cycle times exist for all processes to aid planning.
- Record appropriate data and generate defined KPI’s.
- Support the implementation and ongoing requirements of a production operator training program.
- Develop and introduce process improvements for all existing processes to ensure that cycle times are constantly being driven down.
- Support the Manufacturing Engineers with introduction of all new products into manufacture by giving appropriate feedback to engineering and project management functions and defining the necessary production processes required.
- Generate documentation to support manufacturing (e.g., process flow maps, PFMEAS’s, control plans) to ensure compliance and consistency of our build process.
- Maintain TMP functions, ensure all actions are addressed in a timely manner.
To be successful as a Manufacturing Technician, you must have:
- 5+ years relevant experience in an appropriate manufacturing environment (aerospace or automotive preferred)
- Track record of successfully supporting modern manufacturing operations.
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing and associated tools such as DFMA and PFMEA
What you will receive as a Manufacturing Technician:
Salary- £25,000-£28,000 & benefits: 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays, Staff social events and Free tea and coffee! You will join a highly skilled team of a prestigious brand, taking real ownership of what you do demonstrating your passion for engineering.
This position is based in Exeter and is easily commutable from Devon, Newton Abbott, Taunton, Exmouth, Torquay
If you are excited by the prospect of joining an international organisation as a Manufacturing Technician, please apply immediately.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.