Recruit 12 has an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to support the introduction of new product into FCSL & develop processes to support product build, manufacture and safe launch into operations.
Your responsibilities as a Manufacturing Engineer will include:
- Lead the Manufacturing Stream for APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) within NPI, (New Product Introduction).
- Create and maintain Value Stream Maps for the project and if required existing production areas.
- Develop and introduce SOP’s (Standard Operation Procedures) for all aspects of the process and control amendments where required
- Liaise and work closely with our Technical Team to ensure design and maintenance of tools and equipment meets productivity needs.
- Lead productivity improvements during initial project SOP (Start of Production) phase and in current product lines, through layout and process optimisation activities.
- Train and guide the manufacturing team in continuous improvement methodology and techniques.
- Support the Quality Function in their creation of Control Plans through effective FMEA’s (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis).
- Create and maintain TPM, (Total Productive Maintenance) process.
- Support T card improvement process & operations within the plant and ensure all improvements are logged and analysed. Report outs where required.
- Ensure focus on health and safety is maintained whilst conducting given tasks
- Any other tasks as reasonably requested.
To be a successful candidate as a Manufacturing Engineer you will need:
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement, APQP, 6 Sigma, Value Stream mapping, standard work, process risk, route cause analysis, 8D & problem solving skills
- A recognised qualification or equivalent in a technical subject
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- Possess ability to build sound business working relationships at all levels.
- Organised and self-disciplined.
- Project Management Skills.
- Ability to motivate others and work collaboratively to drive change to achieve success.
- Act in a team oriented fashion which optimises benefits to the business as a whole.
- Ability to think quickly and solve problems.
- Fully conversant with M.S. Office particularly, Excel & Word & PowerPoint
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Positive flexible attitude.
- Supports and drives continuous improvement ethos.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.