An experienced Manufacturing Engineer is sought after to join an organisation that has predominantly served the aerospace industry for many years. As specialist component manufacturers, they have successfully continued growing as an organisation and are now seeking to expand their team. As a Manufacturing Engineer, your main responsibility will be to develop new and existing components, whilst developing and implementing robust manufacturing processes. This is a permanent, full time position offering an annual salary of £40,000 - £45,000.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, your main duties will include the following:
- Manage NPI projects to deliver components on time and within budget
- Generate and prove out CNC programmes for a range of machining centres, including 2 axis machining centres
- Regularly liaise with customer technical departments to resolve process related issues
- Use Catia V5, Solidworks and Vericut to produce and validate CNC programmes
- Improve existing processes to achieve measured productivity improvements
To be successful in this role, you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience as a Manufacturing Engineer from a strong CNC machining background and be fully conversant with modern manufacturing techniques
- Experience of machining precision prismatic components and large precision turned components
- Excellent knowledge of CAD CAM systems, along with knowledge of SolidWorks and Catia
- Experience of APQP and PFMEA’s, with a proven track record of NPI
- The ability to implement Lean techniques
This position is based in Leicester, and is easily accessible from Nuneaton, Hinckley, Birmingham, Tamworth, Loughborough and Corby.
If you are a highly experienced Manufacturing Engineer currently seeking a new career opportunity, please apply immediately.