Our client is a Tier 1 Automotive Manufacturer with a global presence and they have an opportunity for a Maintenance Technician to join their team at their state of the art mouldings and paint facility. Working a continental shift pattern, you will be responsible for maintenance across the plant and supporting manufacturing in a fast moving and time critical environment.
Salary circa £45,000 to £48,000 per arum working continental shift pattern
Key responsibilities will include:
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance routines on plant and equipment.
- Improve the reliability and robustness of plant and equipment.
- Install and modify plant, equipment and associated systems.
- Diagnose and correct faults on electrical, electronic, plc, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical systems.
- Identify components required to carry out work, and liaise with external suppliers to obtain parts.
- Liaise with other departments to agree access to equipment, and work required.
- Document work carried out, and contribute to the department’s and plant’s Key Performance Indicators
To be successful in the role of Maintenance Technician you will be technically motivated and naturally proactive and will have the following skills, qualifications and attributes:
- Able to repair plant and manufacturing machinery, to include breakdowns and installation
- City & Guilds (Mech) or HNC/HND together with a recognised apprenticeship or relevant years’ experience,
- Qualified maintenance engineering background
- Good understanding of a manufacturing function, used to considering the impact and loss of production during downtime repair
- Knowledge of PLC, and its use in the business
- Apprentice trained or equivalent qualification in mechanical or electrical engineering
This position would suit a Maintenance technician, with a logical and inquisitive mind, keen to drive through improvements to enhance overall business production
Based in Measham and commutable from Burton on Trent, Derby, Sutton Coldfield, Coleshill, Cannock, Tamworth, Loughborough, Leicester, Nuneaton, Hinckley, Long Eaton, Coalville, Castle Donnington.
If you are an experienced Maintenance Engineer or Maintenance Technician, seeking a new opportunity please apply immediately in return our client offers a Competitive Salary £45,000 to £48,000 per annum, plus Benefits Package. Continental shifts (4 on/4 off)
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, Rail and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa