Our client is a Tier 1 Automotive Manufacturer with a global presence and they have an opportunity for a Maintenance Team Leader/Supervisor to join their team. . Managing a team of 5-8 Maintenance Technicians/engineers you will be responsible for covering all aspects maintenance across the plant supporting manufacturing in a fast moving and time critical environment. Days only, Monday to Friday. Competitive Salary £48,000 per annum, plus Benefits Package.
As Maintenance Team Leader/Supervisor you will be responsible for enhancing and improving overall TPM activity, route cause analysis and reporting, along with the day to day plant maintenance and repair with a small team of engineers.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance routines on plant and equipment.
- Improve the reliability and robustness of plant and equipment.
- Install and modify plant, equipment and associated systems.
- Diagnose and correct faults on electrical, electronic, plc, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical systems.
- Identify components required to carry out work, and liaise with external suppliers to obtain parts.
- Liaise with other departments to agree access to equipment, and work required.
- Document work carried out, and contribute to the department’s and plant’s Key Performance Indicators
To be successful in the role of Maintenance Team Leader /Supervisor you will be technically motivated and naturally proactive and will have the following skills, qualifications and attributes:
- Proven experience as a Senior Maintenance Engineer / Supervisor, ideally from a high volume manufacturing plant, including co-ordination of TPM activity
- Able to repair plant and manufacturing machinery, to include breakdowns and installation
- City & Guilds (Mech) or HNC/HND together with a recognised apprenticeship or relevant years’ experience,
- Good understanding of a manufacturing function, used to considering the impact and loss of production during downtime repair
- Able to bring in improvements to current processes through proactive use of Route Cause Analysis reporting
- Knowledge of PLC, and its use in the business
- Apprentice trained or equivalent qualification in mechanical or electrical engineering
- Supervision or co-ordination of other engineers
This permanent, full time position is based in Coleshill and is easily accessible from Sutton Coldfield, Tamworth and Solihull.
If you are an experienced Maintenance Supervisor/Team Leader, seeking a new opportunity please apply immediately