Maintenance Lead / Mechanical Engineer
Attractive Salary Plus Benefits
Recruit12 have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Lead Mechanical Engineer/Supervisor to join a dynamic team. The client are seeking a mechanically biased Multi-skilled Lead Engineer, who is passionate about their continuous professional development and has a desire to build upon their existing leadership skills.
As a Maintenance Lead / Mechanical Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Supervising a small team/direct reports and organising daily schedules
- Management of stock up to £250K, Responsible for stores stock and monitoring usage
- Responsible for all contractors, monitoring and associated works
- Responsible for maintenance of Dagenham facility and other associated sites if required to support
- Responsible for the Management of the Maintenance budget for maintenance overtime, tracking expenditure and reporting to the maintenance manager or site manager budget variances
- Liaise with managers to schedule preventive maintenance and planned shutdown works
- Supporting with contractor management, employee relations and induction processes
- Using company software to monitor and report on KPI's, safety and performance
- To perform safety and regulatory compliance audits and maintenance reports.
- To be available to be called in during emergency situations and plant breakdowns when necessary, participate in the ‘Standby’ rota as applicable.
To be successful as a Maintenance Lead / Mechanical Engineer, you must have:
- Strong industrial engineering background with mechanical engineering, fabrication and welding
- Strong experience within multi-skilled maintenance and a proven track record of delivery
- Previous managerial , supervisory or team leadership experience
- Good working knowledge of Health and Safety in hazardous environments
- Enthusiastic methodical problem solver, combined with a practical approach to mechanical engineering
- Control Systems and Software (DCS/SCADA/HMI/PLC)
- Recycling or manufacturing environment expertise
- Driving license and the ability to travel when required
- Engineering degree or NVQ Level 3/4
If you are excited by the prospect of joining an international organization as a Maintenance Lead / Mechanical Engineer , please apply immediately.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World-Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport, or a valid UK visa.