A Maintenance Engineer is required to join a global presswork and stampings organisation. You will ensure that all planned maintenance programmes and general maintenance work is carried out effectively and efficiently across all areas of the site. This is a permanent, full time position working a double day shift.
As Maintenance Engineer, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that all planned maintenance and general maintenance work is carried out effectively and efficiently across all areas of the site.
- Carry out basic planned maintenance according to the TPM programme.
- Review the preventative maintenance plan weekly and report any concerns to Supervisor.
- Assist and liaise with contractors as required.
- Liaise formally with manufacturing Team Leaders on progress and report any concerns identified.
- Carry out basic press, plant and site repairs in accordance with the maintenance report procedure.
- Update the maintenance folders as and when required.
- Ensure all equipment you are working on or with is safe and fit for the purpose, if not, report to Supervisor.
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety procedures are adhered to during work hours.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices in any given work area.
To be successful in the position of Maintenance Engineer, you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ideally experienced in working in a busy press shop environment to include electrical maintenance with manual and automatic presses, working practice of control systems, destackers, sensors, basic plc operations and knowledge of servo motors.
- Able to work double day shifts.
- Can read / understand hydraulic and pneumatic circuits.
- Ability to work at heights.
- Minimum 17th Edition electrical qualification / electrical apprenticeship would be desirable
The position is based in Warwickshire and is easily commutable from Coventry, Marston Green, Elmdon, Solihull, Castle Bromwich.
If you are seeking a new career opportunity as a Maintenance Engineer and believe you meet the above requirements, please apply immediately.