A proactive and productive multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer is required to join a Tier 1 Automotive manufacturer. Your role as Maintenance Engineer is pivotal in ensuring the effective maintenance of all plant machinery & equipment. The successful candidate will join the team on a full time basis, working a 3 shift rotating pattern, receiving a competitive salary package.
As a Maintenance Engineer, your duties & responsibilities will include:
- Carry out both planned and reactive maintenance whilst documenting root causes of failures
- Responding to emergency breakdown, diagnosing faults both electrically and mechanically
- Support wiring and machine upgrades and new installations
- Provide support to project and continuous improvement teams, implementing any required changes to equipment
- Investigate permanent solutions to equipment problems
To be successful as a Maintenance Engineer, you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience within a similar role within an Automotive / Aerospace manufacturing environment
- Experience of working within high volume manufacturing
- Conversant with electrical and mechanical fault finding including PLC systems and DC drives
- Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- 17th / 18th Edition IEE Wiring Qualification
- Apprentice trained or completed equivalent engineering qualification
This position is based in Heckmondwike and is easily accessible from Huddersfield, Leeds, Bradford, Halifax and Wakefield.
If you are currently seeking a new career opportunity and believe you meet the required specification to be a successful Maintenance Engineer, please apply immediately.