A Maintenance Electrician is required for a leading Design and Manufacturing company in its sector. In this role as a Maintenance Electrician, you will provide hands-on technical assistance not exclusively of an electrical nature, in the maintenance, installation, commissioning, fault finding and de-commissioning of plant and equipment.
Operating either an afternoon shift or a night shift- salary circa £38,000-£44,000
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Team Leader, your main responsibilities as Maintenance Electrician will include:
- Provide rapid technical assistance in the resolution of equipment and plant malfunctions; carry out fault-finding repairs and refurbishments as necessary.
- Develop and refine local operating procedures to maximise efficiency and minimise waste (scrap, re-work and unplanned inspection).
- Train operators in the safe operation of equipment and promote up-skilling.
- Develop and maintain process and plant efficiency and utilisation measures to use as a tool for continuous improvement.
- Continuously strive to eliminate and reduce waste of any kind within the manufacturing process, scrap, re-work and consumables.
- Develop and implement planned maintenance of jigs, fixtures, plant and other equipment to minimise efficiency losses to production whilst carefully controlling costs.
- Assist in the integration of new plant and equipment into the production environment.
- Set and strive to improve housekeeping standards through the use of the 5S approach.
Experience and Qualifications
- Time served apprenticeship with the relevant C & G Electrical qualification plus 17th edition for relevant engineering degree, HNC or HND.
- Previous experience of working in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience of PLC programming and fault finding.
- Ability to manage projects in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of robotic programming desirable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrable track record of problem solving.
- Able to use own initiative to effectively manage and prioritise workload.
- Able to work inclusively in a team environment.
- Experience of working on injection moulding machines desirable
This position is based in Buckinghamshire and is easily commutable from Oxford, Milton Keynes, Northampton and Warwick. You will receive a competitive salary plus company benefits.
If you are an experienced Maintenance Electrician looking for a new opportunity, please apply immediately. This role is permanent and full time.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.