Machinery Fitter Technician – Grounds and Maintenance Equipment
Up to £31,200 subject to experience, plus benefits
Recruit 12 have an excellent opportunity for a Machinery Fitter Technician - Grounds and Maintenance Equipment. Reporting into the Supervisor/Head Park Keeper working as part of a team, you will play a pivotal role carrying out a range of routine maintenance and responsive repair services to horticultural, landscaping and gardening machinery and equipment, for a leading provider in the provision of environmental services.
As a Machinery Fitter Technician your responsibilities will include the following:
- Conducting routine machine operation, repair and testing.
- Providing high quality servicing and maintenance to equipment and machinery.
- Dismantling, cleaning and reassembly of equipment and their component parts.
- Stores management and stock control.
- Machinery and tool adjustments.
- Defect and issue reporting.
- Install and maintain mechanical components including motors, pumps and gearboxes, maintaining and replacing lubricants.
- Interpret plans and drawings to install, position or re-locate mechanical equipment and components.
- Service, fault find and carry out breakdown repairs.
- Make sure that the right equipment is always available in safe and reliable working order for use by Grounds and Maintenance Operatives.
- To ensure that equipment is routinely serviced in line with current regulations.
- Ensure that unserviceable or faulty equipment is removed from use and is repaired or replaced.
- Adhere to company policies, operating procedures, and standards.
To be successful as a Machinery Fitter Technician, you must:
- Have a full, valid Driving Licence with no more than 3 points.
- Be able to work in a physically demanding job and enjoy working outdoors.
- Work in a safe and conscientious manner.
- Be a qualified diesel mechanic.
- Demonstrate a full and varied knowledge of plant machinery.
- Have good communication skills; spoken and written English to be able to access and interpret technical data.
- Ideally you will be qualified to NVQ Level 2/3 in Plant and Machinery Maintenance.
- Having a CSCS card would be an advantage.
- Experience of working to Health & Safety requirements.
This position is based in East London and is easily accessible from Brentwood, Chingford, Epping, Harlow, Romford, Stratford, Tottenham, Walthamstow, Woodford, Wanstead.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.