A proven and dedicated Chief Quality Inspector is required for a leading Aerospace organisation based in Romford. As Chief Quality Inspector you will be responsible for the delivery of inspection processes that ensure conforming product to design data, customer and AS9100 requirements. The daily management of functional targets for full on-time delivery of the inspection functions in line with the business requirements whilst ensuring compliant product, including the receipt of product from external sources.
Operating a day shift Monday- Friday, Salary circa £40,000-£45,000
As a Chief Inspector, your duties & responsibilities will include:
- Able to interpret and understand technical data including customer drawings, specifications and FAIR documentation.
- Familiar with Goods inward inspection of finished products / components and experience in dealing with external customers and suppliers.
- Experience of inspecting precision components ensuring adherence to drawing requirements.
- Knowledge of setting and using a wide variety of direct inspection gauges and measuring equipment and experience of Co-ordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) operation and programming techniques.
- Working knowledge and understanding of 6S principles and objectives.
- Able to read and accurately interpret engineering detail and assembly drawings, metric and imperial including extensive knowledge of GD&T requirements
To be successful in the role of Chief Inspector, you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Time served engineering apprenticeship. ONC/HNC in Engineering or equivalent
- Precision Aerospace definition and manufacturing process knowledge preferred.
- Experience of ERP/MRP systems preferred
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA) awareness desirable. Non-destructive Testing (NDT) awareness desirable.
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) awareness desirable. ISO / ASME awareness
- CMM programming ability desirable
This position is based in Romford and is easily accessible from Basildon, Brentwood and Stratford
If you are an experienced Lead Inspector seeking your next career opportunity and you are excited by the prospect of joining a highly established automotive manufacturing company, please apply immediately.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.