Lead Project Manager
£30,000 to £34,000
Recruit12 Construction has a fantastic opportunity for a Lead Project Manager to join an arm of an experienced contractor who is based in Cardiff that works within the commercial, public and industrial sectors. The company has been working within these sectors since 2005.
The company has a strong client base and employs over 600 staff operating across the UK and prides itself on always putting the needs of its customers first.
The arm of the company you will be joining specialise in the water and chemical treatment industry and the overall responsibility of the role will be the daily running of works in terms of meeting client and contract specific requirements in the most efficient, effective manner possible.
To be responsible for operational delivery including planning and scheduling through the management of site and support staff in order to meet client requirements and targets, Manage and support a client focussed approach of delivering optimum service delivery and Contribute, support, and drive continuous improvement across the business.
As a Lead Project Manager your responsibilities will include the following:
- Management of daily works/ projects delivery in the most effective and efficient manner, in accordance with Contractual requirements and budgets.
- Management of site-based and operational support staff on a daily basis ensuring site Health and safety requirements are met and optimum service is delivered.
- Measure and periodically report performance against contractual KPIs to ensure optimum delivery and continuous improvement
- Measure and manage commercial performance against budgets, on scheduled works including work progress, completion, and invoice preparation.
- Liaise and work with Corporate Procurement and the Business Manager to ensure the most efficient supplier agreements and arrangements.
- Communicate with the Business Manager to ensure the efficient operation of the planning and delivery process.
- To ensure regular and relevant communications with staff.
- Assist the Business Manager in leading, driving, and demonstrating the appropriate work ethics and behaviors in support of developing a structured, communicative, cohesive, and positive culture.
- Work with the Compliance Manager to ensure all staff has the skills and knowledge to undertake their respective roles to the required levels.
- Work with the Compliance Manager and oversee job role competencies to ensure all staff is supported, to comply with their roles, and where relevant industry standards.
- Work with the Compliance Manager and brief all staff on the relevant Health & Safety procedures to ensure compliance and mitigate risk including; site/client specific risk assessment method statements.
- Work with the Compliance Manager to liaise with Fleet in the management of company vehicle fleet to include regular inspections to log damage, cleanliness, repairs, maintenance, deployment of vehicle policy to include monthly mileage submissions.
- Identify and execute opportunities to eliminate waste to enable work to be carried out in a ‘lean and efficient manner.
- To be a member of the Senior Leadership Team
- To be a ‘core’ member and ‘Chair’ of the project planning Meeting.
- Provide the Senior Leadership Team with a periodic report providing accurate and concise information on; operational activity and support, performance / KPI’s, financial performance against scheduled work, and resources.
- Undertake 121 meetings and annual appraisals with direct reports.
- Manage and oversee in conjunction with the Compliance Manager and HR, personal development plans and training, in alignment with appraisal outcomes, business requirements, workforce planning, and group strategy
- Liaise with HR to resolve workforce-related disputes and issues in accordance with group policy.
- Manage the recruitment process in collaboration with HR including relevant panel membership, to ensure optimum resources are provided to deliver operationally and support requirements.
KPI`s within the role
- Deliver efficient daily projects ensuring resources are planned and aligned to meet contractual and sales requirements.
- Meet client, contract, and internal service delivery KPIs
- Ensure the Business Manager is updated accurately and is continually aware of safety, technical, and commercial position including the accurate and timely measurement and forecasting of commercial performance against budgets, audits, and compliance.
- Manage, maintain and periodically present a robust and effective set of management information and performance data on all aspects of operational delivery.
- Reduce expenditure through supplier benchmarking
- Assist the Business Manager in Implementing and maintaining an effective communication structure providing appropriate forums, media, and channels conducive to; awareness, dialogue, decision making, inclusivity, development, continuous improvement, and collaboration.
- Ensure all near misses and accidents are reported in the required timescales, improvements and any corrective/ preventative actions are deployed effectively and promptly
- Ensure project managers are supported in delivering their projects whilst meeting H+S requirements, financial, and technical requirements
- Ensure all relevant Health & Safety protocols and procedures are communicated and adhered to ensuring compliance and mitigate risk including; site/client specific risk assessment method statements
- Assist with promoting and maintaining a continuous improvement culture for the business
- Ensure staff are supported to deliver and meet their agreed targets, outcomes, and development plans
- Workforce issues are resolved effectively, in accordance with policy and employment law and a proactive approach is developed in conjunction with HR.
- Continuous development and enhancement of customer relationships
To be successful as a Lead Project Manager, you must have:
- Experience, knowledge, and understanding of the water and chemical treatment industry
- Team Management experience and skills
- Experience in planning, scheduling, and deployment of works to ensure compliance, standards, delivery all within budget.
- Experience, knowledge, and awareness of customers; focus and understanding.
- Experience of a good team and people management skills
- Health and Safety knowledge and understanding
- Workforce policy awareness
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Industry and regulatory technical competence
- Experience in collating, maintaining, and presenting management information