Lead Global Manufacturing Engineer
Recruit 12 has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Global Manufacturing Engineer to be responsible for the EV gearbox and transmission assembly, final assembly of integrated EV systems, and end of line testing for those assembly processes.
Your responsibilities as a Lead Global Manufacturing Engineer will include:
- Leads the develop of process technologies required to support long term product technology roadmaps in product and advanced engineering for electrification.
- Initiates benchmarking activities to ensure the client is assessing state of the art technology for all manufacturing methods & processes.
- Develops capital plans for business cases, strategies & action plans for deployment of gearbox manufacturing methods for all core and strategic manufacturing processes.
- Participates in stage gate design reviews for new customer programs and advanced development projects to ensure the design is following DFA/DFM.
- Participates in the advanced development of manufacturing processes for xEV product deployment
- Implements and creates smart, flexible manufacturing systems, and works with local engineering teams to deploy in manufacturing equipment purchases.
- Lead process to share and deploy best practices for manufacturing and assembly of electrified systems across global locations and applicable business units.
- Support facilities in development of long-range capital investment plan, as well as review and approve capital investment projects for global manufacturing facilities to ensure adherence to SBOP and SPOE.
- Develop/ maintain standard manufacturing / quality documentation (PFMEA, Control Plan, BOPY, MSA Plan, Functional Safety, etc.) for core processes
- Support customer program launch activity as required.
- Travel as necessary to support operations globally.
- Perform other assigned duties incidental to the occupation.
To be a successful candidate as a Lead Global Manufacturing Engineer you will need:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in manufacturing processes and capital equipment procurement, with electric motor manufacturing experience preferred.
- Copper winding and permanent magnet assembly and process experience
- Must understand statistics, as it relates to manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Low and high-volume production experience.
- Assembly, Machining and Welding experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong initiative and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Computer skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to travel for extended periods both domestically and internationally.
- Willingness to work extended or irregular hours to ensure that key job responsibilities are accomplished.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.