A fantastic opportunity has arisen for Design Manager to join a dynamic and expanding team. As Design Manager will become a key member of the team, co-ordinating and managing complex yet exciting projects from conception through to completion and developing and delivering performance automotive brake systems and associated components.
Reporting into the Product Development Director your main responsibilities as Design Manager will include:
- Provide accurate, fully detailed designs for brake calipers and other associated components;
- Propose improvements and modifications across all product lines;
- Stay up to date and research the latest technological advancements in materials and manufacturing processes, then take ownership of integrating these new methods into the business;
- . Produce advanced 3D CAD models (Solidworks) and 2D drawings (Solidworks/AutoCAD
- Provide solutions for cost savings, sustainability and quality improvements;
- Take leadership of assigned projects and direct and lead the team;
To be successful in the role of Design Manager you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree or equivalent in Mechanical/Automotive Engineering
- 3D CAD/CAM design and manufacturing experience;
- Knowledge or experience of operating CNC machinery
- SolidWorks and SolidCAM/Hypermill software experience preferred;
- Previous project and people management experience;
- Excellent organisational and decision-making skills with the ability to manage and prioritise own workload in addition to managing a small team to meet demanding project deadlines;
This position is based in Northampton and is commutable from Rugby, Daventry, Towcester and Wellingborough.
If you are an experienced Design Manager looking for a new opportunity, please apply immediately. This role is permanent and full time.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.