Recruit 12 are excited to be seeking a Lead Design Engineer to join a world leader in the manufacture of brake components for the Automotive, Motorsport and Moto GP industries. The Lead Design Engineer will be responsible for developing manufacturing deigns and drawings and supporting documentation for the launch of performance brake products. This position requires an intuitive and logically minded individual who is looking to progress their career within a rapidly growing team. This is a permanent position, working Monday – Thursday 08.30 – 17.30, 08.30 – 15.30 Friday, for which a competitive package is available.
As a Lead Design Engineer, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Provide accurate, fully detailed designs for all phases of the design process across a number of product lines
- Lead the design process; proposing improvements and modifications
- Produce CAD models and drawings, and CAM the designs using SolidCAM to the CNC Machines
- Provide solutions for new product innovations, cost savings, sustainability and quality improvements
- Drive quality standards within the Design department, ensuring compliance of all products
- Take leadership of assigned projects and efficiently direct and lead the team
To be successful as a Lead Design Engineer, you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Extensive experience working with 3D CAD/CAM design within a manufacturing environment
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, whilst overcoming barriers within a new product development environment
- Strong background working with Solidworks and SolidCAM within a CNC machining environment
- Ability to prioritise own workload and that of others
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This role is based in Northampton and is easily accessible from Milton Keynes, Kettering, Leamington Spa, Banbury, Bedford, Stratford – upon – Avon and Rugby.
If you are currently seeking a new role as a Lead Design Engineer and believe you have the skills required, please apply immediately.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa