Laser Process Engineer
Excellent salary plus benefits
Recruit 12 has an exciting opportunity for a Laser Process Engineer to Take the Laser Cutting Process from concept through to production, developing the process from receipt of order through specification, introduction & optimisation to volume production. Developing supplier sources and nominating/recommending sources for specifics. Nominating long term relationships (equipment/system suppliers). To support the Project Manager from a technical viewpoint, reviewing and introducing advancement of design and equipment proposed for future projects.
Your responsibilities as a Laser Process Engineer will include:
- Implementation of best practice by understanding through lessons learnt and external plant visits.
- Apply the '5s' Standard to the Working Environment during Cell implementation.
- Review Control, Gauge Plans & part Quality with Nominated Quality Engineers
- Review & Approve the Fixture Design & process layouts from Supplier.
- Use GPCS gateways when supporting new project implementation
- Monitor internal & Supplier Timing Plans + Escalate accordingly when to plan.
- Complete Pre & Final Buy Off's at Supplier including managing the supply of Sample Parts or Build Parts.
- Monitor SIA results from new project implementation and look at implementing corrective actions to remove SIA requirement.
- Support Production for 90 days after Start of Production on New cell introduced into Plant providing MPT is completed within this period.
- Define and Drive PFU's to resolve new project introduction issues.
To be a successful candidate as a Laser Process Engineer you will need:
- A proven background of Assembly Knowledge combined with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- In depth knowledge of O.E.M’s specific requirements
- Core Tools / Knowledge:- Laser Machine Process, Welding Assembly (Mig / Tig / Projection / Spot), Fixture Design, Assembly, Robot Automation & Painting
- General computer literacy with a working knowledge of all relevant software packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- HNC Qualification in manufacturing or engineering.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist, working within the Automotive, World class manufacturing, Renewable energy and Construction sectors
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.