£25,000, Car Allowance
Recruit12 Construction has a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Planner to join an experienced Building & Civil Engineering Company working with private and public clients on projects up to £10m in value, they have evolved into a multi-disciplinary construction business with annual revenues in excess of £45m generated through our there three core divisions: Construction, Rail & Civils.
As a member of the central planning team, you will be providing robust planning support at pre-construction stages developing tender programmes for submission and supporting on-site operations teams as required too.
You will have experience in identifying complex project issues early to reduce the impact on working programmes. You will work in conjunction with site teams, management teams and design teams to update programmes with feasible and workable resolutions. Assist with the production of short-term programmes and add details to existing programmes where required.
As a Junior Planner your responsibilities will include the following:
- Monitor progress of projects and regularly update programmes detailing delays and incorporating changes.
- Highlight potential programming issues early to site teams to manage and take mitigating action.
- Logic Linking Critical Path analysis and baselining to demonstrate recoverable delays.
- Ability to travel to/from our construction sites nationwide, wherever the need arises
- Stakeholder liaison both pre and post contract will be necessary and you will be involved with schemes at all stages of development ranging in value of up to £14M (construction value).
- Produce programmes at the tender stage and develop them into construction programmes.
- Awareness of contract programme requirements.
To be successful as a Junior Planner, you must have:
- Project planning skills.
- Good organisation skills.
- Use of Elecosoft Power Project beneficial but not essential. Experience in using P6 Project Commander or Microsoft Project would also be beneficial.
- knowledge of the Construction industry and the sectors that operate within it.
- Experience in the rail sector would be advantageous but not essential.
- Ideally, candidates will have experience working in accordance with NEC Contracts and planning large construction projects.
- Applicants should have good communication skills particularly with stakeholders and be strong team players.
- Experience in managing multiple project programmes.
- Ideally, you will have more tender based experience and are looking at progressing into live projects.
- Ability to be able to cost and resource load programmes.
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Construction, Automotive, Aerospace, and World-Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.