Injection Moulding Technician
Hereford, Worcester, Momouthshire, Gloucestershire
Salary- £30,000- £35,000
working on three rotating shifts (nights/afternoons/mornings) 9:45pm-6am, 1:45pm-10pm, 5:45am-2pm
Company Benefits: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, bonus scheme, Christmas shut down and relocation package avaliable.
Recruit 12 has an exciting opportunity for an Injection Moulding Technician to be Responsible for ensuring efficient production of customer components ensuring highest levels of quality and efficiency are reached on every production run.
Your responsibilities as an Injection Moulding Technician:
- To be overall responsible person on shift. To have overall responsibility for the premises when all other Senior Management and Directors are off site which includes opening and locking up the site, as per the locking up procedure.
- To mould mount applicable tools and set up processing equipment as efficiently as possible in order to deliver maximum overall equipment efficiency. To set and keep running production from moulding machines throughout shift.
- Supervision and completion of tool changes and start up procedures in line with tool change procedural documentation, setting machine parameters to the setting sheet, with sign off including the promotion of housekeeping standards. Submitting a first off as per the first off procedure, and related documentation, ensuring a ‘right first time’ attitude; including restarts.
- Ensuring the Setter, Tool Hanger and Material Coordinator duties are supported and developed.
- Working with the Quality Department to carry out corrective actions timely and efficiently to maintain conformity and optimisation.
- Maintain and adhere to safe practices of work in the interests of Health and Safety at work.
- Optimisation of output and efficiency recording setting parameters that can be replicated to achieve maximum overall equipment efficiency.
- Ensuring that Operators are fully utilised at all times, issuing rework or basic assembly jobs to fill cycle times as necessary to maximise efficiency.
- Actively seek to minimise scrap through process improvements, problems solving, and quick response to alarm outs, undertaking a root cause analysis and identifying and rectifying the issue. Ensure that all scrap is recorded on Mattec.
- Undertake initial investigations where there has been potential misconduct or capability issues, using the Company Investigation Framework, supported by HR.
- Undertake the role of Emergency Team, as described in the Fire Evacuation Policy, should the fire alarm be activated.
- To participate in improvement projects and innovations for the betterment of the business.
- Undertake tool trialling where required and directed by the Technical Manager.
To be a successful candidate for an Injection Moulding Technician you will need:
- A good working knowledge of Mattec and WinMan
- An excellent working understanding of ISO 9001 and 13485
- Experience of robot programming / editing would be an advantage, including 6-axis
- At least a HNC/D in an Engineering subject, such as Mechanical Engineer or Polymer Processing
- Able to work on rotating shifts, including undertaking night work.
- Experienced Injection Moulding Technician with PTIC IMT3 or equivalent qualification
- Competent reach truck driver
- Experience of problem solving complex technical processing issues, and finding resolutions.
- Experience of undertaking new product trials, and submitting data reports as required.
- Basic supervisory experience.
- An understanding of working to ISO 9001 and 13485, and the AKI Quality Manual.
- Experience of ERP systems
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Word and Excel
- Excellent understanding of Health & Safety in Injection Moulding processing.
- Demonstrable experience of routine maintenance to injection moulding machines to maintain production e.g. changing heater bands and replacing micro-switches
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.