Injection Moulding Technician
Recruit12 currently have an exciting opportunity for an Injection Mould Technician to join a highly prestigious brand to provide direct technical support and training to the wider team.
As an Injection Moulding Technician, your main responsibilities will include:
- To support the operational effectiveness of all mould shop equipment and processes.
- To provide technical training and development, producing written evaluations on existing moulding processes
- To ensure all equipment/processes are optimised to meet the demands of the business
- To support moulding operational layout changes
- To support the development, introduction and sustainability of performance measurement strategies
- To directly attend, support and rectify equipment and process failures/breakdowns
- To carry out tool and process changes if required
- To actively promote H&S culture within mould shop
- To inform Process Leaders of any major process /equipment issues
- To provide written reports for trials and shifts
- To create and maintain a ‘can do’ attitude that provides internal and external customers with an outstanding level of customer service
- To support operations with the development of OCM, PM and Escalation process
- To inform the post holders Line Manager of any difficulties in actioning the above and agree resolution.
- Any other duties which may reasonably be required by the post holders Line Manager or Director
To be successful as an Injection Moulding Technician, you must have:
- Proficiency in setting injection mould tooling
- Experience working with various brands of injection moulding machines – up to 1kT
- Experience working with various injection moulding materials on aesthetics parts
- Diagnostic problem-solving skills relating to injection moulding processes
- Technical Background
- Production/Manufacturing Background
- Teaching/ Mentoring skills
- Hot runner system knowledge including heater & thermocouple, manifold & assembly of hot runner system including valve gate.
- Communication skills
- Ability to use machinery such as lathes, drills, grinding, milling, Ability to interpret requirements & communicate with the team.
- Operating crane
- Use of precision measurement instruments such as micrometres, gauges and Vernier callipers.
- Good active learning, time management, communication, and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to read and interpret blueprints
- The ability to work with minimal supervision, Experience working with multi core and cavity tooling.
- Can do attitude.
- Ability to find cost effective and quick solutions.
What you will receive as an Injection Moulding Technician:
A competitive salary depending upon experience and the added opportunity to work for a highly respected organisation, that will provide the environment for you to showcase your skills and take real ownership of your career.
This position is based in Essex and is easily accessible from areas such as Brentwood, Chelmsford, Harlow and other surrounding areas.
If you are excited by the prospect of joining a prestigious company as an Injection Moulding Technician, please apply immediately.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.